Today we dive deeper into turning our hearts to our children and the next generation. Join us as we explore what it looks like to connect with younger children. The principles we share are key to all of life’s relationships.
- Pursue closeness, both physically and emotionally. Sometimes it is in the middle of the night when a child is struggling to sleep and we rock them in our arms or walk with them and hold them against our chest.
- Build trust. It can be as simple as having children jump off a rock into our arms. We all need safe places and we need to be that for our sons and daughters.
- Get on your child’s level. We need to get down on the floor. Steve shares how he would challenge all three of his children to work together to see if they could pin him and hold him down.
- Pray over your children. If you find yourself awake in the night with them, use that time to pray over them. Speak life over them and pray blessings. Start that process even when your child is in the womb. Your child hears your prayers and connects and bonds with your voice and spirit.
- Be playful. My friend, Phil Yeoman, used to tell me, “Don’t take yourself so seriously.” When you are playing with your children be fully present.
This week, speak life and affirmation and pray blessing over your children (and others), no matter their age!